Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Joy of the Domestic Duchess


Lest my royal title fool you I feel it only fair to tell you that the Duchess is Domestic because she does not have a staff. I do work hard at training my two ladies in waiting. Also, the castle is a fifty year old brick rancher with a myriad of projects calling my name. My best advice to unmarried women everywhere is to see the love of your life wield a hammer and a paintbrush before saying "I do" because love is surely not going to paint the kitchen!

I am not complaining, mind you. It is a crappy economy and we have a roof over our heads at a decent price. It is not falling down by any means. It does need work. I have tiled the kitchen and painted. I have more to do. There are the questions of money and ability. There that thing about a willing and able partner rears it's ugly head again. Mark my words! Counsel your daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment