Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stress?

I quit working outside the home years ago in the quest to reduce the amount of stress that I dealt with on a day to day basis. Little did I know that as I cut our income and added children to our family that I was increasing stress in another way.
I often think it is funny that when women who are in the throes of career along with maintaining a marriage and raising a family are expected to happy peppy people all the time. We go to doctors and are often diagnosed with anxiety and depression. Surprise! Hey, in the last couple of months I have had days and days of heavy rainfall so that dogs and children are cooped up in the house, missing chickens (either chicken napped or they have been stalked by the local hawk), a leaky roof, water under the house, a flooded yard, mud approximately ankle deep that is constantly being tracked into the house, a broken washing machine that ruined my newly laid kitchen floor, a broken oven, a broken computer mouse, broken hot water heater, a reduction down to one vehicle for our family, moving the entire household around so that each child has their own room.......as well as the everyday stress and hustle and bustle of a busy family and a husband that works many hours in overtime. Of course I feel anxious and sometimes depressed! So while I certainly don't knock anybody for taking medication that they need I suggest that we all just give ourselves a break. There isn't a thing wrong with just closing your bedroom door from time to time and having a good cry. Not a thing wrong with taking several minutes to pray and ask for prayer and strength to make it through the day. We are all human and we all have problems. The point is that we deal with our problems and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment