Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Value of Coconut Oils for dogs and you!

One of my dogs has had skin problems for quite some time. I have taken her to the vet and done rounds of antibiotics and other remedies to no avail. The tentative diagnosis was allergies. I was disappointed. That just couldn't be the case. The other dogs in the household were picking up a scaly, itchy, scabby looking skin junk that appeared just above their tails first. That was not allergies.

Long story short I ended up being told about using Organic Coconut Oil in the food of my dogs. I already gave them fish oil as food does not contain enough of the vitamins and oil that they need. I wormed them. I stopped all baths unless absolutely necessary and then used only high quality shampoo with all natural ingredients. One brand in particular. I gave them the coconut oil. Lo and behold, I have dogs with clear skin!

A little more research and I found that it is wonderful for human skin as well and can be used in cooking and baking. It is touted as a super food, of sorts. Thought you might like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment