Sunday, January 3, 2010

Favorites from 2009

This morning I am sitting at my computer listening to Susan Boyle sing from her newly released CD. She has brought Les Miserables "I Dreamed A Dream" into the consciousness of a whole group of people who would have perhaps not have heard the music or enjoyed it in quite the way we have enjoyed it with Miss Boyle singing it.
Most important is that I consider Susan Boyle to be one of my favored people for 2009. She marched out on a stage as a 40 something woman with frizzy hair and in regular clothing for a performance in front of thousands. She blew them away. Within hours the image of her singing was hitting the internet and found it's way into my email inbox. I am inspired and continue to be each time I hear her sing.
It was a wonderful moment to see the smirking faces of the non-believers change to utter disbelief and pleasure as she began to sing. So hooray to Miss Boyle! Thanks very much from another 40 something woman who doesn't look like a supermodel either but has dreams all the same. You go girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment